Find out about GAL and how you fit in
GAL Golf Leagues for Women was established in 1996 as Ottawa’s first women-only golf league network. It has grown quickly to become the largest of its kind in the national capital region.
A sense of belonging
GAL understands the kind of membership that women golfers are looking for. More than a way for you to improve your game and stay healthy, women golfers want a place with a sense of belonging where you can meet up with friends, make new ones and grow your network—all in a fun, non-competitive environment.
Making a difference
GAL is professionally run by a management team and founded by Marie Seabrook-Fleming — a veteran entrepreneur who launched the organization because she wanted Ottawa area women to gain flexible choices, easy scheduling and valuable extras while enjoying the game of golf.
Time for you
More than just about golf, GAL is about making time for you. We make scheduling easy—helping you prioritize time for this great game and for fun social events that are all part of being a GAL member.
Women golfers in the Ottawa-area quickly took notice of GAL’s appeal. The organization grew from a simple weekly foursome round of golf to become a network of more than 500 women in all ranges of skill, teeing-off at 26 different leagues and 14 golf courses across the national capital region.
How it works
- Join GAL and choose your membership .
- Your GAL Captain contacts you to schedule your first tee-off time of the season, and ensures you are in a foursome on a weekly basis.
- Join us for our season kick-off “Tee-Off Dinner,” and meet GAL members in your league as well as your GAL Captain.
- Tee-off with your group, starting the week of May 9th.
- Join us for après-golf dinner at tables reserved exclusively for GAL members. Connect with all other league members and your GAL captain at this time.
- Sign up at dinner for your tee-off time for the following week or on-line.
- Next week, “just show up with your clubs!”
May we suggest…
GAL is for women golfers of all levels. The following can help you find the course that is best suited to your needs:
- New golfer: Raceview, Meadows, Canadian, Marchwood, Pine View
- Advanced Beginner: Raceview, Meadows, Canadian, Amberwood, Pine View, Marchwood
- Intermediate and advanced: Canadian, Cedarhill, Raceview, Meadows & all travelling leagues
For travelling/touring links:
- Monday Morning Travel 18 Hole – Pay 2 Play
- Tuesday morning Travel West – Express Pay & Pay 2 Play
- Tuesday morning Travel East – Pay 2 Play
- Tuesday evening Travel – Pay 2 Play
GAL extends special thanks to hosts at area golf courses and other partners who receive our members on a weekly basis and deliver great service, both on and off the course.